Friday, January 11, 2013

John's 30th Birthday - Ya See!

Say goodbye to your roaring twenties John Bennet. I can't believe he is 30 years old! AND you know I don't miss an opportunity to celebrate, especially such a milestone in my husband's life. So what's a girl to do? Get all of our best friends together and throw a party. Not just any old party. But a 1920's party...the end of an era. 


Everyone looked fabulous! Dedicated to the cause.....best friends ever! Look at those beautiful babies.


Mrs. Noelle Tice brought Landon over to help decorate. Handsome young chap! 
Juliet and Jude dressed to impress AND possibly screamed with excitement the whole time.


Let's discuss decorations. I had to run 20 minutes up the road to get 35 balloons (just incase some popped) while my fabulous girl friends made gorgeous chalk boards, set up the bar and put the decor in place. All I had to do when I got home was light the candles. Seriously, I couldn't have asked for better ladies to take the lead. I will forever be grateful for Kerri, Cassidy, Sidney and Noelle.


Joe Williams and Neil Kennedy brought the booze and funk. Together they created one of the coolest 1920's cocktail parties. I've been sending Joe's 20's inspired cocktail list to all of my friends because of how delish these things were. Can we say it was the "Bee's Knees", haha! The Bar is Open.

Yes that is a paper machet phonograph. Don't ask me to make it again. 
And the 30 balloons with pictures of John throughout the years.

Sid-the-Kid is fabulous. "Let's get the paaaartaayyyy started, ya see"

After a day out, the boys snuck John into a house pumped with 20's music and his outfit on the bed. Jude was so excited that he ran in to get Daddy and the surprise started a little early. Happy Birthday!

The flappers and gangstas.

The Bennet Family and birthday boy.

Our bartenders for the night. I wish I could post the 800 pictures in this sequence of them.


Neil and Sidney inside the picture balloon frenzy.


Hey kid, give me a smooch.    Listen Landon, these babes are crazy.


Juliet - I present the world to you.

Jude - Well, I present you with my diaper dance. 
My dad taught me how to be comfy in my own skin.....where are my socks?

So we eat outside while they have a buffet in there? It's just not right.


Gorgeous.

The Birthday Menu: Cheddar Bacon Burger sliders & Portobella Caprese sliders, Bourbon & Goat Cheese Grape appetizers, Truffle French Fries, Coleslaw and Coconut Cake.




The dining room.


Cake, Cake, Cake, Cake, Cake, Cake, Cake...


Did I mention there was a Speakeasy upstairs? Poker you say? Yes! Babies in bed? Check.

Montage of Speakeasy pictures!!


One little, Two little, Three little...oh, just Kerri!      Cassmiss and her feather!




This dance was created by Jordan...called Rescue the Hostages. 
It started creepy and ended creepy as well, hahaha. They more dragged me than rescued me.


They didn't know anyone was watching, which made me laugh so hard when reviewing the pictures.


The newlyweds. 

I wish I could post all of the pictures from that evening, but space and censors just wouldn't allow it.


What a crazy night!

Thank you all for making John's 30th birthday outstanding!!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures!!! The pics of Juliet and Jude are too cute :)

    ReplyDelete